This past weekend, (January 9-12) my husband and I took part in the inaugural Dopey Challenge as part of the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend. The Challenge consisted of 4 races. A 5k on Thursday, a 10K on Friday, a half marathon on Saturday, and a full marathon on Sunday. This challenge includes the Goofy challenge, which is completing the Half and the Full. Dopey participants could earn 6 medals. We also hit up the expo and cool down “party” at Downtown Disney. I’ve decided to recap each race and event as to not have one blog post that is 65 chapters long.
A few notes:
- We (husband and I) did not stay on Disney property
- Dopey participants received 2 bibs, green for the 5k & 10K, gray for the half & full
- We were not running for time, we paid the money to see how long we could stay in the parks.
- We only took one day to visit the parks
- This was our 2nd RunDisney event
- Costumes are encouraged
- All my photos taken on an iphone
- I also signed up for the Digital Running club challenge and will be receiving 2 more medals
- Characters had a handler that were more than happy to take photos with your camera
- 16 min pace required
- Dopey participants received wristbands to prove they finished each race
- My husband’s race thoughts are at www.hawkstosox.wordpress.com
- My race results I am on page 73
- We can’t wait to go back!
- I am not a writer, so some of my recaps are verbatim, but some things were the same