Since you found your way to my blog, I will assume you are no stranger to the internet, which means you are probably familiar with the Ice Bucket Challenge. In summary you dump a bucket of ice water on your head to raise awareness for ALS, and donate money to the cause. If you chose not to dump the ice, you are to donate more than the amount if you dumped ice.
Here is a video about Peter Frates, the real story behind the challenge.
Technically I have been challenged to do this. However not sure it counts if you were challenged through your husband’s facebook page, where I was not tagged.
This has me thinking….
- I am no stranger to buckets of ice, as a runner I frequently soak my legs in an ice bucket, why should I dump this over my head when I could relieve the plantar fasciitis and tendonitis?
- However I would totally dump water on my head, I run marathons for fun.
- Why waste a bucket of water when California is in severe drought, or kids in third world countries can’t get but a cap full of clean water to drink?. Heck you may argue soaking my feet is a waste.
- Hasn’t this campaign already been done? Wasn’t there a social media polar plunge this past winter?
- I don’t have a lot of extra money, so since I was kinda – sorta challenged, what do I do?
- I watched Pete Frates story – I need to do something
- Bottom line, people need to donate to ALS
- Even if you dumped ice on you – you still need to donate. It’s not just about participating in the craze on facebook.
- I enjoyed Steve-O’s point
- What can I do?
- Finally a good use for social media
- Good thing I didn’t go for a run, I would have twice as many thoughts
- The donation link needs to be shared – https://secure2.convio.net/alsa/site/Donation2;jsessionid=FB550F38065FE35B83090D0EA48810C0.app296b?df_id=27420&27420.donation=form1
This is what I am going to do:
- I am not going to dump ice on my head.
- I am going to donate proceeds from my head band sales to ALS. This is what it’s all about, lets find a cure. ALS takes a persons life too quick.
- I can still talk – I have a voice – tell people to donate not just dump ice on their heads
- I can still walk, I can still run – I will donate a run or miles to ALS
- Share the link – https://secure2.convio.net/alsa/site/Donation2;jsessionid=FB550F38065FE35B83090D0EA48810C0.app296b?df_id=27420&27420.donation=form1
- I have learned you can donate using a credit card, checking account, paypal or amazon
In true Ice Bucket Challenge fashion – I now challenge you….Do something for a cause you believe in. You don’t have to dump water on your head, you don’t have to run miles, just do something!
Like I said I don’t have a lot of extra money, but I here is my bucket of ice dumped on my head!