November, the time of year when the running slows down, but the personal obligations pick up. The fall marathon comes and goes, yet Thanksgiving lurks around the corner. (Ok so maybe you live in Florida and racing season is just picking up, perfect! Show us how you stay accountable.)
How will you stay motivated to keep running?
Enter the 100 Mile Challenge. Simple, log 100 miles walking or running through the month of November.
Why do you want to join?
Not only will you stay in great running shape, you have the chance to win some awesome prizes!!! YES AWESOME PRIZES!!!! Plus who doesn’t like a little competition.
My local running store – Running Wild – here in Iowa City (and 3 other locations Coralville, Cedar Rapids & Marion), has agreed to partner with me this year. This year? Yes, I did this challenge last year, but would love to have you on board this year.
Ok I mentioned prizes:
- Logging mileage each week makes you eligible to win a weekly prize, through a random drawing. You will have 3 options: “Runners for Boston” tee, “Runner’s High: Still legal in all 50 states” tee, or Running Wild performance running socks. OR a Corridor Running shirt
- Completing 100 miles will automatically get you $10 off a $30 purchase at Running Wild ( if the customer isn’t local, they can communicate, spend it over the phone)
- GRAND PRIZE – everyone who hits the 100 mile goal will be entered in a random drawing to win a pair of shoes!! (YES SHOES!!!!! or $100 towards a pair of shoes at Running Wild)
- To stay on task, if you have logged 45 miles by Nov 15, you will be entered into a drawing for a $25 Gift Card to Dunkin Donuts – you can say you “Run on Dunkin”
- Random drawings during the month: head bands – of course, and energybits
How do you enter?
Easy – enter your name / twitter handle/ nick name on the spread sheet & log your mileage. Add in the columns to the right. Please make sure I have a way to get a hold of you. Contact me via email – email@example.com, DM on twitter – @angiemaskeberka, leave a comment on the blog (it’s public) or facebook – Angie Maske-Berka.
What are the rules? (aka the fine print)
- Miles need to be logged on the provided google docs spread sheet.
- Spread sheet is a public document, open to those who have the link.
- Each participant is responsible for keeping track of their own miles. Can’t access the spread sheet make arrangements to have someone enter them for you.
- No entry fee, no cost.
- All drawings for prizes will be generated at random, via an online raffle service.
- Please pay attention to your body, don’t try to reach the 100 mile goal at the expense of an injury.
- Honor system in play when logging miles.
- Weekly prize eligibility, have to log mileage at least once a week. Prizes awarded Nov 8, 15, 22, 29
- To be eligible to win grand prize must have completed 100 miles.
- You do not have to be local, live in Iowa to compete.
- Your contact information is only for prize notification. It will not be shared.
- Random prizes to be determined later.
- Photos may be used for random prizes.
- Stay connected using #100miles.
– Challenge will be live Nov 1, 2014, please pay attention to the rules, as there could be a slight change or more prizes added before the first.
– Entry will be open through November 8, 2014
– I have created a FB group 100 miles in November, if you like to connect that way https://www.facebook.com/groups/597884697000625/