Hey everyone!!! It’s BACK!!! The 100 miles in November Challenge. If you participated last year there isn’t much new. (However I would like to get some more prizes)
November is the time of year when running can come to a halt as the holidays creep up. This is the challenge to keep you motivated and keep you moving.
Make sure to read through this post, yes it mostly the same as 2014, but some rules have changed.
My local running store – Running Wild – here in Iowa City (and 3 other locations Coralville, Cedar Rapids & Marion), has agreed to partner with me again this year. This year? Yes, I did this challenge last year, and the year before, but would love to have you on board this year.
Ok I mentioned prizes:
- Logging mileage each week makes you eligible to win a weekly prize, through a random drawing. A gift from Running Wild or a Corridor Running shirt.
- Completing 100 miles will automatically get you $10 off a $30 purchase at Running Wild ( if the customer isn’t local, they can communicate, spend it over the phone)
- GRAND PRIZE – everyone who hits the 100 mile goal will be entered in a random drawing to win a pair of shoes!! (YES SHOES!!!!! or $100 towards a pair of shoes at Running Wild)
- To stay on task, if you have logged 45 miles by Nov 15, you will be entered into a drawing for a $25 Gift Card to Dunkin Donuts – you can say you “Run on Dunkin” (Thanks Dunkin for being on board again!)
- Random drawings during the month: head bands and key chains, race fuel things – and anything else that comes along.
How do you enter?
Easy – enter your name / twitter handle/ nick name on the spread sheet & log your mileage. Keep adding in the columns to the right. Please make sure I have a way to get a hold of you. If you enter an email as your spread sheet name, I will remove it once I have recorded it. Contact me via email – email@example.com, DM on twitter – @angiemaskeberka, leave a comment on the blog (it’s public) or facebook – Angie Maske-Berka.
This is a Google Doc, this is a public spreadsheet to everyone that has the link. If you need help with this, please send me a message, I know in the past some with apple products have problems accessing the doc.
There could also be groups show up on Strava for a fun competition, but will not be the official mileage tracker.
What are the rules? (aka the fine print)
- NEW for 2015, only walking / running as exercise miles count. I am counting on participants honesty for this. I think you should make an effort to keep active. Walking to the bathroom, or walking to kitchen will not count, or step counting.
- Miles need to be logged on the provided google docs spread sheet.
- Spread sheet is a public document, open to those who have the link.
- Each participant is responsible for keeping track of their own miles. If you can’t access the spread sheet make arrangements to have someone enter them for you. (send me an email)
- No entry fee, no cost.
- All drawings for prizes will be generated at random, via an online raffle service.
- Please pay attention to your body, don’t try to reach the 100 mile goal at the expense of an injury.
- Honor system in play when logging miles.
- Weekly prize eligibility, have to log mileage at least once a week. Prizes awarded Nov 9, 16, 23, 30
- To be eligible to win grand prize must have completed 100 miles.
- You do not have to be local, live in Iowa to compete.
- Your contact information is only for prize notification. It will not be shared. (see note above for spread sheet entry)
- Random prizes to be determined later.
- Photos may be used for random prizes.
- Stay connected using #100miles.
- Information will be posted on the blog.
- Possible donut runs
– Challenge will be live, Sunday, Nov 1, 2015, please pay attention to the rules, as there could be a slight change or more prizes added before the first.
– Entry will be open through November 8, 2015
– I have created a FB group 100 miles in November, if you like to connect that way. there will be a race calendar on there to cheer on participants running https://www.facebook.com/groups/597884697000625/
It is not necessary to have FB, twitter.