The Top Reasons to Run Timber Trek
Hey all … I am part of my local running club, Corridor Running. From time to time I will feature some posts relating to the club. Today we have the top 10 reasons to run Timber Trek in the Amana Colonies.
What is Timber Trek?
This is a 4.3 mile trail run that begins and ends at the Amana Colonies RV Park, following along Price Creek and looping through the Amana Timber that borders the area. The race has obstacles including hills and a creek crossing. Prepare to have fun while getting wet and muddy! It’s a challenging, but fun event. It takes place Saturday, October 1, 2016 at 2pm at the Amana Colonies RV Park, 3890 C St, Amana, IA.
Why should you run Timber Trek? With a little help from the board at Corridor Running, we give you the top 10 reasons to participate:
- Oktoberfest!!!! That’s right, there’s a party! Make sure to check the website for all the events taking place in Amana, including a keg tapping party, a parade, demonstrations and a brat eating contest to name a few.
- Escape game day in Iowa City – Hannah says, “The atmosphere – for individuals looking to avoid Iowa City on game day, why not spend the day in the Amana Colonies racing and drinking beer while celebrating Oktoberfest? “
- Finishers medals – what better way to celebrate #medalmonday (it’s a thing) than with a medal. Bring it to work, have the kids show it at school. It’s yours! Nikki reminds us you will have “Bragging rights for a lifetime!”
- BEER! – now that I have your attention 🙂 An ice cold brewski will pair nicely with a post race brat!
- The Challenge – did you run “all the 5ks” this summer and are tired of pounding the pavement, well you are ready for this challenge on the trails. See what you are capable of, push yourself!
- Trail – maybe this is one of my favorite reasons, I love to run on trails! It’s great to be out in nature, no stoplights to wait for, no cars to run you over – maybe you will even see a deer. Mark reminds us there are “no bears.”
- Add to your circuit points – What is that you ask? Well as a member of Corridor Running you can enter into a spreadsheet, the races you have run in the area, for points. Then in January of next year (when the points are tallied) you could win prizes!!!
- Set a new PR – If this is your first time – you will set an instant PR, because who has run a 4.3 mile race before? I mean you would really have to take a wrong turn at a 5k to get to 4.3 miles, and an 8k is just under 5 miles…. so today is your day at that shiny new PR!
- MUD!!!!! – Thanks to board member Kelly for the 5 exclamation marks 🙂 Don’t be afraid to have some fun and get a little dirty. How else are you going to prove you were on the course? Mark says mud is good for the complexion.
- Support the Amana Parks Department – They are responsible for managing the land the event takes place. Thank you in advance!
Still not convinced? If you are a member of Corridor Running you will get a discount on your registration, this is done on step 2 of the online registration.
Save $5 and register online, don’t forget it closes Sept 30 at midnight!!! Shirt sizes are guaranteed through Sept 17. You can also register on the day of the race from 11:30am to 1:45pm.