I am excited to announce the 100 Miles in November Challenge is back for 2016!
Welcome back to those that have participated the last couple of years!
It’s that time of year again when marathon training is over, the weather gets cold, the holidays creep in….. and you find yourself not running…well the goal of this challenge isn’t to compete with your peers, but to motivate you to keep active during this time of the year.
It’s simple, just log your miles in the provided spreadsheet! There is a Facebook group and a Strava group which can help with extra motivation if you need it. I encourage you to join these too, but it’s not required. (Make sure to follow up with the Google docs form, so I know you are entered and can contact you if necessary)
Also as an added boost – there will be prizes!
- Logging mileage each week makes you eligible to win a weekly prize, through a random drawing, this year there will be a Corridor Running tech shirt given away.
- Bi-monthly prize pack from BibraveBibrave – this will include the Bibrave technical trucker hat!
- Completing 100 miles will automatically get you a $15 coupon to spend at Fleet Feet Davenport (This is only good at that FF location)
- GRAND PRIZE – everyone who hits the 100 mile goal will be entered in a random drawing to win a an Orange Mud Single Barrel Hydraquiver!!!!!!!!!!!
- Another final prize – Everyone who logs 100 miles will be eligible for the random drawing for a hand made, medal rack. Courtesy of String N Nails!
- To stay on task, if you have logged 45 miles by Nov 15, you will be entered into a drawing for a
$25$50 Gift Card to Dunkin Donuts – you can say you “Run on Dunkin” (Thanks Dunkin for being on board again!)
- Random drawings during the month:race fuel things – and anything else that comes along.
- New for 2016– anyone signed up in the spreadsheet by Nov 1, will get their choice of a MarathAng Bands Headband or key chain. (If you want an older race ribbon made into a headband or key chain, I can do that for a fee)
How do you enter?
Easy – enter your name / twitter handle/ nick name on the spread sheet & log your mileage. Keep adding in the columns to the right. Please make sure I have a way to get a hold of you by following up with the google form.
This is a Google Doc, this is a public spreadsheet to everyone that has the link. If you need help with this, please send me a message, I know in the past some with apple products have problems accessing the doc.
*Also please leave the google doc alone, unless there is a minor edit that needs to be changed. I have locked the names and date columns, and have frozen them, so you should be able to navigate it easier. If you want your name or something a different color let me know.
What are the rules? (aka the fine print)
- Only walking / running as exercise miles count. I am counting on participants honesty for this. I think you should make an effort to keep active. Walking to the bathroom, or walking to kitchen will not count, or step counting. This is not a fitness tracker challenge.
- Miles need to be logged on the provided google docs spread sheet.
- Spread sheet is a public document, open to those who have the link.
- Each participant is responsible for keeping track of their own miles. If you can’t access the spread sheet make arrangements to have someone enter them for you. (send me an email)
- No entry fee, no cost.
- All drawings for prizes will be generated at random, via an online raffle service.
- Please pay attention to your body, don’t try to reach the 100 mile goal at the expense of an injury.
- Honor system in play when logging miles.
- Weekly prize eligibility, have to log mileage at least once a week. Keep your log up to date, logs checked on Sunday for weekly giveaway.
- To be eligible to win grand prize must have completed 100 miles.
- You do not have to be local, live in Iowa to compete.
- Your contact information is only for prize notification. It will not be shared.
- Random prizes to be determined later.
- Photos may be used for random prizes.
- Stay connected using #100miles.
- Information will be posted on the blog.
– Challenge will be live, Tuesday, Nov 1, 2016, please pay attention to the rules, as there could be a slight change or more prizes added before the first.
– Entry/registration will be open through November 8, 2016
– I have created a FB group 100 miles in November, if you like to connect that way. No requirement to join this group, but encouraged. https://www.facebook.com/groups/597884697000625
-There is a Strava group for this challenge. Not a requirement, but encouraged. This is a private group, just so it’s open to the 100 mile members, just ask to be invited.
It is not necessary to have facebook or twitter to be involved with this challenge. I do ask that you pay attention to this blog for important information or updates.
- email -Scweegie@aol.com
- twitter – @angiemaskeberka
- facebook – Angie Maske-Berka
- add a comment on this post
- Instagram – @amaskeberka