Disclaimer: I received entry into the Key West Half Marathon to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
If you have been reading along, you might have noticed at the bottom of a post, I mentioned I was going to the Key West Marathon in January. I CAN’T WAIT!
Why am I excited? I will sum it up in 5 reasons:
1. Treating myself! I have been told to focus on self care, ok so maybe this in regards to stretching and rolling…oh well, I like this better. This will be a great reward as I wrap up my year of a marathon a month. What better way than to spend it on a tropical island. It will also be after the holidays, so escape the family and take yourself on a vacation!
2. The course! Flat, fast and scenic. Ok, I do enjoy some hills, but I can’t wait to run along the water front and pass the southern most point in the USA.
3. The Rankings
- Ranked in Runner’s World Bucket List: 9 Destination Half Marathons
- Ranks #7 in the book, The Best Half Marathons in the World, by Steve Kesh
- Ranked in Competitor’s “Bucket List 13 Must= Do Half Marathons in the US“
4. THE WEATHER! Hello, I am from the Hawkeye state. I think the average temp Jan 15 is near 15 degrees, we have snow on the ground, maybe some ice…not the ideal conditions for running. Now Key West…ahh a sunny 70 degrees, sounds like a great place to go in the winter time.
5. Running with friends. I love traveling to races, not only to see the country, but to meet my running friends. I can’t wait to be re-united with Amy, and see Jessica S again, but I will also get to meet a new friend too, Lex. I also hope to meet anyone else, lets run Key West!!!
So did I convince you? Well you can save on your registration, use code BIBRAVE25 for $25 Off the Half Marathon Run or Walk. Good till 12/26/16 http://www.keywesthalfmarathon.com/ See you in Key West!
There is also the virtual race option or the 5k that starts