IT’S BACK – 2017 – 100 MILES IN NOVEMBER
The time of year you have all been waiting for the 100 Miles in November Challenge. I am ready to have a great year, and I hope you are too.
Let’s get the basics out of the way:
What is this?
The 100 mile challenge is in it’s 4th year… ok, I can’t remember. The first year was very low key, but I do know that a post from 2014 popped up on my Facebook feed. Anyway, it’s the time of year where running and races are winding down, plus the upcoming holiday season, so how do you stay motivated? This is how the 100 Miles in November was born… a small group of us needed motivation going into the winter months. Not a competition – but motivation!
I do this on my own, with the help of great sponsors, partnerships and YOU! If you have been with me since the beginning, I can’t thank you enough – you help make this possible. I encourage to ask your friends to join and continue to motivate others.
How do you sign up?
Easy – enter your name / twitter handle/ nick name on the spread sheet & log your mileage. Keep adding in the columns to the right. Please make sure I have a way to get a hold of you by following up with the google form.
This is a Google Doc, this is a public spreadsheet to everyone that has the link. If you need help with this, please send me a message.
*Also please leave the google doc alone – regarding moving names and columns around, unless there is a minor edit that needs to be changed. If you want your column to be pink or something that is fine. It’s easier for everyone if the names stay in the same column, easy to add your miles if you are always column M.
What are the rules?
- Only walking / running as exercise miles count. I am counting on your honesty for this. I think you should make an effort to keep active. Walking to the bathroom, or walking to kitchen will not count, or step counting. This is not a fitness tracker challenge.
- Miles need to be logged on the provided google docs spread sheet.
- Spread sheet is a public document, open to those who have the link.
- Each participant is responsible for keeping track of their own miles. If you can’t access the spread sheet make arrangements to have someone enter them for you. (send me an email)
- No entry fee, no cost.
- All drawings for prizes will be generated at random, via an online raffle service.
- Please pay attention to your body, don’t try to reach the 100 mile goal at the expense of an injury.
- Honor system in play when logging miles.
- Weekly prize eligibility, have to log mileage at least once a week. Keep your log up to date, logs checked on Sunday for weekly giveaway.
- To be eligible to win grand prize must have completed 100 miles by November 30th. You have until Dec 2nd to add your miles.
- You do not have to be local, live in Iowa to compete.
- Your contact information is only for prize notification. It will not be shared.
- Random prizes to be determined later.
- Photos may be used for random prizes.
- Stay connected using #100miles.
- Information will be posted on the blog.
Prizes – I mentioned Prizes…
That’s right I will have giveaways and a grand prize to help keep everyone on task.
- Register by Nov. 10th to be one of 10 to win a protein cookie. These things are HUGE! I actually grabbed a whole box of these, and would like to share.
- Logging mileage each week enters you into a drawing for swag from either Corridor Running (shirt) or Bibrave (trucker hat).
- Mid month motivation – log 45 miles by Nov 15th and you are entered to win a gift certificate to Iowa River Power Company / Flannigan’s in Coralville, IA.
- An entry into the Run CRANDIC Marathon or Half Marathon.
- GRAND PRIZE – everyone who hits the 100 mile goal will be entered in a random drawing to win a a pair of Aftershokz Trekz Titanuium, bone conduction headphones!!!!!!!!!!! ( I have demo pairs available too, and a discount)
- Another final prize – Everyone who logs 100 miles will be eligible for the random drawing for a hand made, medal rack. Courtesy of String N Nails!
The medal rack from last year
- Possibility for random prizes throughout the month.
- I still make headbands & key chains, and have an inventory of them – so speak up if you want one, will send by request only.
I do not have all these patterns in stock
I am still working on prizes, but I am ready for “registration” to begin.
– Challenge will be live, Wednesday, Nov 1, 2017, please pay attention to the rules, as there could be a slight change or more prizes added before the first.
– Entry/registration will be open through November 8, 2017
– I have created a FB group 100 miles in November, if you like to connect that way. No requirement to join this group, but encouraged. https://www.facebook.com/groups/597884697000625
-There is a Strava group for this challenge. Not a requirement, but encouraged. This is a private group, just so it’s open to the 100 mile members, just ask to be invited.
It is not necessary to have facebook or twitter to be involved with this challenge. I do ask that you pay attention to this blog for important information or updates.