With all that said, please read through this post first.
Step 1: add your name to the log, here is the google spreadsheet – https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FBNeMPOSdngVglY1QXIdsm0JPL7YuyPgb5A-NPCTNos/edit?usp=sharing This should be self explanatory. Don’t be a jerk and please keep to your own column. Add your name in the first empty column on the right. (I try to keep my eyes on the spreadsheet.)
Step 2: Here is your sign up information. Please fill out this google form- https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc2koGT5bk8ZCGAQBHkkCK0tIshO9AdrkINm7Igeciq4Z5Hzw/viewform?usp=sf_link I keep track of who participates only to contact you if you win a prize. It’s also the easiest way to keep my head from not spinning in 800 directions. (New for 2019, featured participant questions)
Step 3: Go for a run or walk!
The 2019 prize lineup is as follows:
Grand Prizes (to be awarded after Dec 1, must hit 100 miles):
- Pair of Aftershokz, bone conduction, bluetooth head phones
- Entry into to the Hawkeye 25k/50k Spring race.
Weekly accountability prizes:
- Corridor Running shirts – awarded to 2 people on Nov 10 and Nov 24
- Bibrave swag – awarded to 2 people on Nov 17 & Dec 1
Halfway point prize: (keep on track by logging at least 45 miles by November 15.)
*If you would like a headband, keychain, scrunchie, small crochet item, send a message. I If you are a returning participant you are familiar with these. The first year I would give everyone a headband or keychain just for signing up. Since, this is my challenge and I do this at no cost to you, and with no income for me. I am changing this prize, however it’s no big deal if you would like one.
More prizes or items may be added as we proceed.
- There is a FB group for encouragement or checkups. I might rely on this group too much for posts, but it is not required to join the challenge.
- Official posts and updates will be written on this blog
- Registration will be open through November 10. After that time, any name added to the spreadsheet will not be eligible for prizes.
- Contact me – firstname.lastname@example.org, twitter – @angiemaskeberka, IG – @amaskeberka
- Only walking / running as exercise miles count. I am counting on participants honesty for this. I think you should make an effort to keep active. Walking to the bathroom, or walking to kitchen will not count, or step counting. This is not a fitness tracker challenge.
- Miles need to be logged on the provided google docs spread sheet.
- Spread sheet is a public document, open to those who have the link.
- Each participant is responsible for keeping track of their own miles. If you can’t access the spread sheet make arrangements to have someone enter them for you. (send me an email)
- No entry fee, no cost.
- All drawings for prizes will be generated at random, via an online raffle service.
- Please pay attention to your body, don’t try to reach the 100 mile goal at the expense of an injury.
- Honor system in play when logging miles.
- Weekly prize eligibility, have to log mileage at least once a week. Keep your log up to date, logs checked on Sunday for weekly giveaway.
- To be eligible to win grand prize must have completed 100 miles.
- You do not have to be local, live in Iowa to compete.
- Your contact information is only for prize notification. It will not be shared.
- Random prizes to be determined later.
- Photos may be used for random prizes.
- Stay connected using #100miles.
- Information will be posted on the blog.
Good luck and best wishes for a great November!