Near the end of July I was able to travel with my husband, Josh, to St. Louis. He was attending the NASO Summit (an officials conference.)
We were staying downtown at the Hyatt, the center of the city, we could see the Arch from our window. I was ready for a few days to explore, all on foot. I also had some training runs I needed to get in as well.
We were in town from Saturday July 25 through Wednesday July 29.
I have created a video (see below), but here are some of the things we were able to do:
- Cardinals Baseball game
- Eat Rite Diner
- City Museum
- The loop – Fitz’s Brewing
- The Courthouse
- The Budweiser Brewery
- See the Fifa Women’s World Cup Trophy USA #1
A note about running in St. Louis. I reached out on social media and didn’t get far except a few hints from a loyal Cardinals fan. I did do some of my own research and found a few things to note:
- You can run along the river, but the area is under construction around the Arch, so there was no access to this
- It’s an easy out an back from downtown to the Budweiser Brewery
- When out early, the homeless population is really friendly
- Running in the city is HOT!! There is no place for the sun to go, but absorb into all the concrete.
- There is a running tour, but it costs $30
- It’s easy to just go run as the city is on a grid, so you can run x blocks anywhere.
- It’s easy to run to many of the touristy places
- There is a fountain in the city park to cool off in
I really enjoyed exploring the city by foot. Lots of things to see and do. I would also recommend keeping hydrated if you are in town on a hot day.
& yes I realize I spelled Budweiser wrong 😦