“Disclaimer: I received the Oofos OOriginal Sport Sandals to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!”
Flip flops….for recovery…yep you heard me. The Oofos Ooriginal sport sandal is a flip flop designed to treat your feet!
- absorbs more shock
- reduces stress on sore feet, knees and back
- cradles the arches
- enables more natural motion
- moisture and bacteria resistant closed cell foam
- Oh and my favorite – They are machine washable, put on delicate cycle and air dry!
So what does this all mean. They are an “easy to take care of, springy, bouncy cushion for your feet when they need a break from all the running” shoe, making recovery more pleasant.
I received my pair near the end of July, I put them on and my first impression was how spongy (this is totally a word) and squishy they were. I wore them for about 2 hours.
This model – the Ooriginal sport sandal, is a traditional flip flop style with a toe post (the is soft and conforming to eliminate chafe. I really don’t notice it like you can with the style you pick up for a buck. This comes in three colors, graphite, cloud white and marsala. (ok, they had a limited edition red, white and blue this summer too)
Mine are graphite. I am not super matchy with my clothes, but thought these would go with everything.
Since I received my flip flops, ahem sport sandals, I haven’t been wearing anything else for sandals, especially for events where I am on my feet, I have worn them:
- To sell at a farmers market
- On vacation
- To work a garage sale
- To grab a beer
- To get ice cream
- Around my house on the hardwood and tile floor
- to walk the dogs
- Post run
They never lose the bounce, each time I put them on, they feel just as springy as the first day I put them on. That cushion definitely holds its form
I was chatting on twitter with fellow Bibrave Pro ShannonShannon, and we were saying how they are so nice after a run, how they let your feet breathe, and Oofos chimed in with this “@ @ not only that, the tissue in your feet gets to stretch & strengthen when you wear @! # #”
- If you are working in a dusty/dirty environment and your feet get dirty and then sweat, it’s like the dirt piles up under the strap, but I am not sure that’s a super bad thing, you’re feet just got dirty. The bonus is the shoes are so easy to hose off or throw into the washing machine.
- We were told to size up, so this makes the toe area a little more spacious. I wasn’t paying attention at a market and the toe portion bent back and I almost tripped an fell…but market days are long and I was tired… The good news there are no scuff marks on the shoe, no damage.
I will continue to wear these all year round, even in the winter they will be handy around the house on the hard floors. I just love the bounce and letting my feet breathe after a run.
They retail for $59.95, your feet earned this!